Apr 1, 2011

Attack of the killer butt

You know you’ve gained too much weight when you can no longer pull your pantyhose all the way over your behind. They… (tugging) ... only … (pulling) ... go up … half-way … (panting for breath).

Alas...

That’s me. I stepped on the scale this morning and the number staring back at me was the same one I saw when I was SIX MONTHS PREGNANT.

That’s it. I’ve had enough. I am sick of running past the mirror so I won’t get a glimpse of my reflection. I want to be me, again – fearfully and wonderfully made (and fine as wine).

The problem is, though, I love food. I am from the South and if you cut me, I will bleed hot, buttered grits. It's true, I do eat when I’m stressed and what not, but mainly I eat because I love food. Period.

I’ve tried all the diets out there. Heck, I could write my own diet book. I know all the tips intellectually, but for some reason they haven’t sunk down inside my heart and mind.

Today, though, I am starting my journey towards being high-school skinny. I am too young, 37, and have too many things I want to do to be slowed down by weight.

All kinds of problems come along with weight issues like high blood pressure, disease and premature death. I think it’s a sin to go to an early grave just because you don’t have self control.

For example, for the longest I thought I was losing my mind because I would constantly hear a whishing noise when I walked and felt an eerie presence behind me. Well, as it turns out, it was my big ‘ole butt the whole time. That sound is my thighs rubbing together (when I wear pantyhose it’s probably a fire hazard) and that “presence” is the mound of round flesh attached to my back. I look like I am pregnant with twins FROM BEHIND!!!

I plan to get through this journey with faith (in Christ) and lots of laughter. So follow along with me so that together we can learn to be high-school skinny, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment