Apr 1, 2011

Temptation...ALREADY

I planned to start my journey towards high-school skinny slowly -- giving up sweets this week, starting today.

Well, it's 3:30 p.m., I'm at work and this is usually the time of day when I reach for something sweet to give me that boost so I can make it to 5 p.m. I was digging in my briefcase for something and that's when I noticed that I forgot to throw out my beloved GUMMY WORMS. You know, the fruit-flavored wigglies that are lightly dusted with some sweet and sour yummyness.

I am feigning for them. I tell myself, "Well, technically they are not sweet; they're sour."

Lord, give me the strength. (breathe)

Isn't that how it always goes...you try to do good, but then the inner temptress rears her ugly head.

Quick, read Romans 7:18-20, 24-25 
For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me.

Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.

I know that this journey is going to take God helping me. My flesh wants to eat any and everything I desire, but that's not good for me. This journey is one I have to take hand-in-hand with Jesus. If not, I am toast.

Feeling a little better now. I'm about to throw the gummies in the trash...

Whew!!! I am saying no to these gummies because my hips have been gummy long enough.

Take that, temptation.

No comments:

Post a Comment