Apr 4, 2011

PMS and dieting don't mix...

I fell off the wagon.

(Sigh.)

I ate some chocolate although I know I shouldn't have. When my body is preparing for a visit from Aunt Flo not only do I want to karate chop my husband for no particular reason, I crave sweets like a MAD WOMAN. And, going into this new lifestyle change, I hadn't given prior thought to how I would counter my hormonal surge; so, I caved and devoured some chocolate sweets from the office candy shop (yep, my job has it's own candy shop).

But, I am not going to wallow in my shame. I am dusting myself off and getting back on the saddle. I am determined to succeed at this journey although there may be bumps along the way.

Back in the day, if I would have fallen, I would have just stayed down and camped out in my pity. But, not anymore. It is unrealistic to think that I won't mess up sometimes. That is exactly why we need a Savior (Jesus) because alone we cannot succeed at anything. We need His power to give us what we need. 

So, here's to a new start. And the next time Aunt Flo wants to invite me to have chocolates at her place, I'm gonna tell her where to go.

Celery sticks, here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment